Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Shell Script passwords

  • From: Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emjay.mody@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:55:41 -0500

Agreed. Wallets are the way to go since they are accessible directly with
Oracle utilities (i.e. sqlplus,datapump, sqlldr,etc) and no extra licensing
needed. A non-oracle way most likely would just introduce security holes.
Wallets are awesome. If you are typing passwords you are doing it wrong :)

Andy K

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e47877.pdf

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 10:54 AM, MJ Mody <emjay.mody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The SEPS implementation does not require additional licensing.

On Dec 29, 2015, at 9:50 AM, Terrian, Thomas J DLA CTR INFORMATION
OPERATIONS <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I didn’t think of that...we have to buy a license for the wallet?