RE: No data in the sql_address column of v$session

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arunrao_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:17:15 +0200

Arun

>I am querying the v$session to get the sql_address of
>some sessions who are generating high redo.but before
>even going there i am seeing this weird output from
>v$session where there is no value in sql_address and
>henceforth i cannot know what sql these sessions are
>running.

According to the fine manual SQL_ADDRESS is "Used with SQL_HASH_VALUE to
identify the SQL statement that is currently being executed". Since those
sessions are not executing a SQL statement, but waiting on the client, this is
the expected behavior.

HTH
Chris

New Features Oracle Database 10g Release 2 seminars @ www.trivadis.com
Italiano: Lugano (24-Nov)
Français: Genève (17-Nov)
Deutsch: Hamburg (13-Oct), München (20-Oct), Basel (25-Oct), Frankfurt
(27-Oct),
         Zürich (29-Nov), Bern (8-Nov), Düsseldorf (23-Nov), Stuttgart (13-Dec)