Re: Netbackup- Oracle 11gR2 RAC/ASM Possible?

  • From: jason arneil <jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jpd40@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:41:33 +0000

Hi,

Been running 11gR2 RAC, ASM and backing up with Netbackup/RMAN for 6 months now.

You need to be on 6.5.6 or 7.0 on the Netbackup client side:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77071

We've upgraded to 7.0 and have tested recovery on numerous occasions.

As for the Oracle side, 11gR2 and ASM seem perfectly stable.

regards,

jason.

--
http://jarneil.co.uk