Need some ideas to create a disk IOPS profile for a RHEL 5.3 64bit system

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:11:13 -0600

Ok,

The subject pretty much says it all - I need some ideas on how to create an IO
profile (specific to the disk I/O) for a server over "x" amount of time under
the following constraints:

1.)    Grid Control is not installed, but DBConsole is

2.)    I have access to all standard system tools such as iostat, sar, etc

3.)    I have access to the database itself with AWR data collection enabled

I need to capture average reads & writes along with queue amounts and times.

I have used sar -dp for short intervals, but I have to modify the output with
vim and then import into excel to get it in a nice readable format.  There has
got to be a better way.

Thanks,

Chris