Named user license for Oracle

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:46:32 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the named user licensing in Oracle
database works and would like to know if I have the right understanding.
Based on what I know, named user licenses are based on the number of
concurrent user connections that are allowed to connect to a database.
For example, if a web application connects to an Oracle database under
the same database username and there are twenty users of that web
applications then a minimum of 20 user licenses will be required? Also,
it seems that the parallel processes and the job queue processes also
show up in the status that V$LICENSE reports.

Thank you

Amir