Re: NEWBIE: Error tnsnames.ora?

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:37:39 -0600

9i for Mac OSX is character-mode only, but perhaps Medici-compatible is a
better description than Torquemada-compatible.  After all, despite its
backward handling by Oracle, it can be argued that the Mac has contributed
something positive to the culture.

Anyway, there is no "netca" or "netmgr" or "net*" on Mac.  I guess that's
why they made Mac OSX a "developer's release" for 9i.  Hopefully, OSX will
get better treatment with 10g...

I'm sorry I haven't been following this thread, but most assuredly Oracle9i
and SQL*Net works well on Mac OSX.  Can you post the "listener.ora" file?