Multiple v$session records for some v$process records

  • From: "Fowler, Kenneth R" <Kenneth.R.Fowler@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:51:17 -0400

Hi,

The question refers to Oracle 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.8.  I noticed that in
one database I look after we have multiple v$session records for some
v$process records...

SQL> select * from v$session where sid in (45, 435);

SADDR                   SID    SERIAL#     AUDSID PADDR
USER#
---------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------------
----------
USERNAME                          COMMAND    OWNERID TADDR
------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ----------------
LOCKWAIT         STATUS   SERVER       SCHEMA# SCHEMANAME
---------------- -------- --------- ----------
------------------------------
OSUSER                         PROCESS
------------------------------ ------------
MACHINE
TERMINAL
------------------------------
PROGRAM                                          TYPE       SQL_ADDRESS
------------------------------------------------ ----------
----------------
SQL_HASH_VALUE PREV_SQL_ADDR    PREV_HASH_VALUE
-------------- ---------------- ---------------
MODULE                                           MODULE_HASH
------------------------------------------------ -----------
ACTION                           ACTION_HASH
-------------------------------- -----------
CLIENT_INFO
FIXED_TABLE_SEQUENCE ROW_WAIT_OBJ# ROW_WAIT_FILE# ROW_WAIT_BLOCK#
-------------------- ------------- -------------- ---------------
ROW_WAIT_ROW# LOGON_TIME  LAST_CALL_ET PDM FAILOVER_TYPE FAILOVER_M FAI
------------- ----------- ------------ --- ------------- ---------- ---
RESOURCE_CONSUMER_GROUP          PDML_STA PDDL_STA PQ_STATU
-------------------------------- -------- -------- --------
CURRENT_QUEUE_DURATION
----------------------
CLIENT_IDENTIFIER
00000003CEDFB8A8         45       4857   25131663 00000003CECB40D8
57466
OPS$JOSEPM                              0 2147483644
                 INACTIVE DEDICATED      57466 OPS$JOSEPM
OPAREPS                        1816:4668
AMER\MOPPGRDOC04
MOPPGRDOC04
                                                 USER       00
             0 00000003F09A5220       974596382
                                                           0
                                           0

            83637922       4984091             45               0
            0 23-OCT-2006        31353 NO  NONE          NONE       NO
DEFAULT_CONSUMER_GROUP           DISABLED ENABLED  ENABLED
                     0

00000003CEEFD008        435       1070   25131662 00000003CECB40D8
57466
OPS$JOSEPM                              0 2147483644
                 INACTIVE DEDICATED      57466 OPS$JOSEPM
OPAREPS                        1816:4668
AMER\MOPPGRDOC04
MOPPGRDOC04
                                                 USER
00000003D647AE90
    3477528002 00                             0
                                                           0
                                           0

            19302446        600018              7               0
            0 23-OCT-2006       310368 NO  NONE          NONE       NO
DEFAULT_CONSUMER_GROUP           DISABLED ENABLED  ENABLED
                     0

There are a few examples...

SQL> select paddr from v$session group by paddr having count(*) > 1;

PADDR
----------------
00000003CECB40D8
00000003CECB9660
00000003CECBA578
00000003CECC64A8
00000003CECDE308

Can anyone tell me under what circumstances this can happen?  I have
searched metalink and google to no avail.  I noticed it because it
caused some scripts I have that join v$session and v$process to give odd
results.

Thanks,
Ken
Enterprise Informatics - Common Engineering Groton/New London
Manager, Database Administration Services
Email (Inbox): mailto:Kenneth.R.Fowler@xxxxxxxxxx
Office: T274/T227
Eastern Point Road,
Groton, CT 06340
M/S 5274-2006

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this E-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.