Re: Moving application to RAC

  • From: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:48:39 -0400

Dan is exacly right; you really need to try out the application yourself to
see how it will handle.

As far as general areas to keep an eye on, two that come to mine are (1) how
clients connect to the applications and (2) any points of serialization -
logical or physical.  The specifics depend entirely on your app - its schema
design, the workload characteristics, which particular features you're
using, etc.

I heard a great recommendation two weeks ago at Collaborate.  If you just
read Tom Kyte's book (which has nothing to do with RAC or clusters) and
apply everything in there then that will probably really help your app make
the transition well.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider