Mixing RAC interconnect with other clusters

  • From: "Nadeem M. Khan" <nadeem.m.khan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:39:52 +0400

I think I already know the answer to this one (No), but thought of taking
your opinions.

Suppose a shop wants to use different clusters for different purposes -
RAC, RHCS, ServiceGuard, HACMP, Veritas and even VMware vSphere. For
interconnects, they plan to have one dedicated private VLAN that will be
isolated from public traffic. My question is - can the same private  VLAN
be used for RAC interconnects as well as other cluster interconnects? They
will be having only one cluster of each type.

If the answer is No, I suppose each cluster type will need a separate VLAN?
For example -
RAC private VLAN
RHCS private VLAN
HACMP private VLAN and so on.