Re: Merging Performance data from multiple instance

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mbrady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:53:43 +0800

depending on the data that you need let's say IOPS.. you can create a
metrics extension then it will stage it to a metrics ext table then from
there you can consume it with the BI publisher which integrates very well
in oem12c
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e25353/whats_new.htm#CEGJAIIJ
for adhoc consolidated visualization and whenever I go to environments
where I need to do some initial workload characterization, troubleshooting,
sizing, capacity planning, and resource management I pull all the AWR data
from all the instances have them as one csv and consume it with tableau..
that works all the time.

but if you want it to be repeatable.. you can model your viz in tableau
first.. then once you already have the final output that you need and of
course you've validated that the aggregation is correct,etc,etc. then you
can do the metrics extension + BI publisher route

just like what we did on a large customer environment where we compare side
by side the IOPS coming from hard disk and flash from derived data of AWR
and storage cell metrics pulled from cellcli commands.... this report is
being sent to us daily and we can add thresholds and alerts around it.
below is the sample viz

https://twitter.com/karlarao/status/368191042979262464

--
Karl Arao