Mapping extproc processes to Oracle sessions

  • From: "Leng Kaing" <Leng.Kaing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:40:11 +1000

Hello everyone,

I know that this is probably a really silly question but I need to
know...

How do we map an extproc process to an Oracle session and see what it's
doing?

We have 2 databases running on our Unix (Solaris 8) box. There were
about 30 extproc sessions running this morning, some with start time of
last month. They appear to be rogue processes but I cannot positively
identify them as such.  Do extproc sessions show up in the database?

TIA,

Leng.

Leng Kaing

Hansen Technologies