RE: Map database to running instance from oratab?

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>, <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 07:23:30 -0400

I didn't get exactly what your script is for, but I 'll offer this suggestion
which might work if you can incorporate it somewhere.

The idea is to append the colon, ':' when you are extracting the Database
names, and then strip off the colon, etc.

parmline=`grep "^${dbname}:" ${ORATAB}
export ORACLE_SID=`echo ${parmline} | cut -f 1 -d":"`

I just extracted the pertinent lines for this example.   I use my script to set
the environment for about everything, listeners if need be, by oracle_home,
agent, and oms.

I am presently in the process of reworking the script to be more flexible and
won't be done until after my next upgrade.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546