Manually starting database on Windows

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:57:15 -0400

On Windows 2003, how can you manually connect to the database and then start a database using a new pfile? I am used to UNIX and just being able to login to sqlplus as sysdba but that doesn't work on Windows. If everything isn't first started via "net start OracleService<SID>", then I am getting listener errors when just trying to connect to the database. Everything was stopped using net stop OracleService<SID>. This is a situation where I don't want the database to come back up again using old parameters.

Search from any web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview