Re: MS SQL Server vs Oracle, MySQL or MongoDB

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:24:37 -0600

On 29/08/2014 9:21 AM, Yong Huang (Redacted sender yong321@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

Reading Jonathan's blogs on SQL Server reminds me of Laimutis's old
question: Why is SQL statement parsing a big issue to Oracle but not to
SQL Server?
//www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Any-reason-not-to-have-logic-in-the-db,17

That's a great question and I'd love to hear some comments.

That question has been around for several decades and has created some very amusing and heated flame wars, especially in CDOS.

But it does tie to 'what is a transaction' and how the different engines handle transactions as well as 'what is resource management' and how do the different engines manage resources.