Re: MERGE statement with parallel DML enabled deadlocks itself

  • From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 15:44:15 +0200

Jonathan Lewis schrieb am 06.05.2015 um 13:58:

Possibly a side effect of the degree of parallelism. I don't know how
likely it is but with 33 partitions it's possible that 3, 11, and 33
are the only degrees where pw joins might occur.

Possibly it relates to the skew in the size of the partitions -
especially if some don't exist to start with.

Thanks. We will try and drop those partitions that are empty.

Can you imagine a reason why this would not be reproducable in a different
environment?

On our development servers we have a similar situation (not all partitions
actually have data) but regardless of which degree of parallelism I choose I
never get a deadlock there.

Regards
Thomas