RE: Low level tracing of a session during soft parse

  • From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>, "tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 07:11:03 +0000

Thanks for the feedback - I'll have to check the number when I get time. I'm
fairly sure I used to get something from one of the 10,000 range and I was
fairly sure it was this one.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
@jloracle
________________________________
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>] on behalf
of Michael Cunningham
[napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>]
Sent: 17 November 2015 17:14
To: oracle-l@freelists org

Hello all,

I have failed in my attempts so far, but what I'm trying to do is trace a
session during a soft parse where I will see in the trace that the child cursor
was found in the library cache and there is no need for a hard parse. It's part
of a research interest of mine.

I'm still searching for blogs that have done this already, but have not found
one yet.
I've tried strace with no success
I'm also looking for trace events (like 10046) that will trace this info.

So far:
10053 won't show anything because the child cursor already has an execution plan
10046 level 12 does not show what I'm looking for

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Michael Cunningham

--