Re: Looking for customer experiences on Oracle EUS/ODI

  • From: "Job Miller" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "don@xxxxxxxxx" <don@xxxxxxxxx>, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:59:59 +0000 (UTC)

OID (Oracle Internet Directory) not to be confused with Oracle Data Integration
(ODI), is not necessary anymore for DB Authentication with AD.
The strategy now is to leverage OUD (Oracle Unified Directory)
OUD&EUS Take 2: DB Accounts Proxy-ed by OUD into existing Directories (Sylvain
Duloutre's Weblog)

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| OUD&EUS Take 2: DB Accounts Proxy-ed by OUD into exi...Blogs.Oracle.Com -
Sylvain Duloutre's Weblog |
|  |
| View on blogs.oracle.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Either via password into AD or via Kerberos with AD...  This blog explains the
architecture of both.
There are a variety of Oracle partners and Oracle consulting folks who have
helped folks do this type of thing.
here is a link to one such partner who helped a large company out with this
effort:
Enterprise User Security (EUS) - Hub City Media

|   |
| Enterprise User Security (EUS) - Hub City MediaEnterprise User Security (EUS)
Improve Database User Security As the number of databases in an organization
increases, so do the number of database identities.  |
|  |
| View on www.hubcitymedia.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |