Re: Long startup time for Toad

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:07:42 -0600

I believe that it just reads that list from tnsnames.ora, and that
shouldn't really be any kind of noticable delay (unless it is a
*SERIOUSLY* long list).

That version of Toad is a bit old (aren't they on 9.x?), perhaps
upgrading might fix things?

Don.

On 2/26/07, Schauss, Peter <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My appologies if this is too far off topic.  Toad is my primary tool for
managing my Oracle databases.

My version of Toad (7.3.0.0 running on Windows XP Professional )has
lately been taking several minutes from the time that I double click on
the desktop icon to the time that it prompts me to connect to a
database.

I am not certain that this is related, but the list of databases that it
shows in the dialog box for connection contains several which I used
previously but now do not exist.  For convenience, and perhaps an
improvement in startup time, I would like to delete the superfluous
databases from this list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss