Re: Logminer Question

  • From: Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 22:18:48 -0800

What's puzzling is the developer is claiming that no ORA- errors were seen, so even with a PK or unique key violation that should throw an error.

Does Oracle actually apply the transaction then roll it back in cases of PK/Unique viloations?

Interesting, I'll test for that

thanks!

Ahbaid

Finn Jorgensen wrote:
Barring a user rollback operation, perhaps an insert into a table with a PK or unique index which was violated? Finn

On Dec 8, 2007 2:59 PM, Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid@xxxxxxx <mailto:ahbaid@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    We're trying to figure out exactly what an application has done in the
    db. I restored an archive log from tape and mined it.

    When querying the logminer view I'm seeing two rows for a
    transaction in
    V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS

    The first row has sql entries in SQL_REDO and SQL_UNDO, and the
    ROLLBACK
    field is 0

    The second row has sql only in SQL_REDO and the ROLLBACK field is 1

    Both rows have the same SCN and TIMESTAMP, does this mean that the
    first
    row was applied and the second was indeed a rollback entry?

    What's especially puzzling is we are not seeing any lost
    connections or
    abnormal program terminations, so what's causing this rollback entry?

    all ideas and comments welcome.

    thanks

    Ahbaid