Re: Logfiles in RAC database

  • From: "Manmohan Jalsingh" <mjalsingh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guang Mei" <GuangMei@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:47:14 -0700

Guang,

The gv$log view is listing all threads for both instances. That's what I
found confusing. It would be nice if the view had a column to indicate which
thread is actually mounted to a particular instance.

Thanks
Manmohan

On 5/8/07, Guang Mei <GuangMei@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 No, each instance has it's own thread#.  From my 2-node rac db:

SQL> select  INST_ID,THREAD# from gv$log;

   INST_ID    THREAD#

---------- ----------

         1          1

         1          1