Re: LogMiner Failed to extracts the existing records from the Archive logs

  • From: Junior DBA <juniordba2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:30:21 -0800 (PST)

BismillahirRehmanirRahim

  Dear Maureen,

  The minimum supplemental logging is already enabled.

  The problem is that we have some records in the Database.

  but logminger didnt fetch these records from the archived logs for any
operation [insert,update or delete]

  Logminer is fetching other records on some other dates, using same options &
Select Query for both cases.

  I am trying to figure out why logminer failed to fetch those records.

  what might be the possible scenarios . the column i am mining using
mine_value is simply varchar2 and we are getting records on other dates.

  hope to hear soon from you.

  Your DBA Colleague.
  Muhammad Salman Faheem

Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  This may not be relevant, but we had a problem with LogMiner for 9i.
The problem was that information about chained rows was lost. I don't
know all of the details since I was not working on the problem, but we
got this from Oracle Support:

Following are not supported in log miner utility.
1. Simple and nested abstract datatypes (ADTs)
2. Collections (nested tables and VARRAYs)
3. Object Refs
4. Index organized tables (IOTs)
5. CREATE TABLE AS SELECT of a table with a clustered key

If insert,updates involve any of the above scenario, it will report as
"Unsupported" for OPERATION.
Also, Chained rows are not supported in logminer unless minimal level
of supplemental logging is on. To enable
this, issue
SQL> alter database add supplemental log data;
Once this command succeeds, the subsequent archived/redo logs can be
mined by logminer even if they
contain chained rows.

- Maureen