Re: List of largest DBs in the world?

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:32:41 +0000

it was 29,000 GBs, which is 29 TB, which is not the largest. one of the guys on
this list works on the stanford atom smasher and they had 700 TB a couple of
years ago.
The biggest ones are probably classified and ones that don't use off the shelf
dbs(ie google).

curious how they determine 'peak load'. I don't think transaction is a good
measure for this. since a transaction in one system could be 8 DML statements
and in another it could be 1.