List Available Disk Devices in Solaris

  • From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:26:52 -0500

I'm trying to list the available disk devices in Solaris 11.2. Using the
format command gives me the device name and some attributes but I can't
include it in a script since, the command by itself prompts to select a
device. There must be an easier way to do this.

My requirements are:

   - List the device name of the available disk devices
   - Include the approximate size or some other attribute that allows me to
   easily differentiate one device from another
   - Do not prompt for input so that the information can be used in a script

Seth Miller