Re: Linux oracle startup shutdown

  • From: Andy Rivenes <arivenes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:20:49 -0700

Hi Brian, I haven't seen Jeff's scripts, but Oracle's information definitely leaves room for improvement. The following will provide a complete solution to startup and shutdown (the scripts mentioned are also available): http://appsdba.com/papers/oracle_utilities.pdf

At 11:10 AM 9/19/2006, Zelli, Brian wrote:

Hello all, I have a new RedHat box that has oracle 10g installed on it. I know I need to rtfm but have not had any experience with linux. I have unix startups and shutdowns but would like something that matches up better with RedHat. I found Jeff Hunter's script for starting and stopping oracle. Does anyone have another that they are willing to share? Or is his sufficent?

Brian

Andy Rivenes Email: arivenes@xxxxxxxx