RE: Linux and huge pages

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JC1706@xxxxxxx" <JC1706@xxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:47:50 -0500

Very cool.  I wasn't aware of the 'AUTO' option.  I'll need to play around with
that one!

Unfortunately, if you're looking to directly confirm whether a particular
memory segment was allocated with hugepages, I know of no way to do that.

I think it's probably possible, but I can't think of how.

You can look at /proc/meminfo, and see how many hugepages are allocated system
wide, and how many of them are in use.

You can look at alert.log to see if hugepages were used (and how many) when the
instance was started.

You can look at 'sysresv' (in $ORACLE_HOME/bin) to see which memory segments
are associated with a specific instance.

Hope that helps,

-Mark