Re: Library Cache and Share wait on Latch - Version Count Huge

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:01:48 -0400

Start by looking at v$SQL_shared_cursor to understand why your child cursors
are not shareable.

It's possible that it's due to stats generation, but there are many other
possibities, and it would be impossible  to speculate.

-Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2010, at 19:40, "Mudhalvan Moovarkku"
<moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:moovarkku.mudhalvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
 wrote:

Dear DBAs

      Greetings. When I check the wait events recently for few days Library
Cache and Share Pool wait got the very huge value.

      When i check the V$SQLAREA few sql have very huge versions more than 3000.

       My Database version is 10g Rel2 10.2.0.4 on Redhat Linux AS4 with update
4.

       CURSOR_SHARING set to SIMILAR and OPTIMIZER_MODE=CHOOSE.

       This is happening only recently and is it related to Automatic
Statistics done on 10g Rel 2.

      Please let me know how to check and avoid it.

Regards
Mudhalvan M.M