RE: Latency of "direct path reads"

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hacketta_57@xxxxxx" <hacketta_57@xxxxxx>, oracle-l digest users <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 02:14:17 +0000

Hi Austin,
I really appreciate your feedback. I did go through the document that you have
mentioned below a few times in the past but most of the patches listed at that
time were either released for Linux or Exadata for Solaris; we are SPARC
Solaris. After we provided pstack dumps to Oracle today, Oracle confirmed that
we are hitting the same bug that you have mentioned below. But since we are at
11.2.0.3.6 and the patch for Solaris is available for 11.2.0.3.5, Oracle is in
the process of back-porting the patch.

You are also right about the 32k chunk size because of the rsize and wsize
mount options and I confirmed it by running truss. How has your experience been
with dNFS so far?

Thanks