LTOM includes ass.awk

  • From: "Jeremiah Wilton" <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:40:37 -0800

Some here may remember me getting warned by the list admin a while ago when
I asked for (then offered to share) a working copy of Oracle's internal-only
systemstate dump parser "ass.awk."

Well I am happy to announce that I have downloaded and tried out Oracle's
homegrown hang detection utility called LTOM (available on Metalink under
note ID 352363.1), and discovered that it comes bundled with a nice new
working copy of ass.awk.

Once installed, look in the src/ directory for ass109.awk.

Admittedly, hanganalyze and ASH make the need to take and analyze
systemstate dumps less common, but

Now maybe I can find something I can download on Metalink that includes the
DUL source code...  :-)

I hope this is helpful.

Jeremiah Wilton
ORA-600 Consulting