LONG RAW - accessing data

  • From: David cheyne <david.cheyne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:15:01 +0000

Hi,

A developer I work with is trying to access a column that is defined
as LONG RAW.
This is a 3rd party application and the column only stores text.

When queried through sqlplus the number '3' is returned, When queried
through Oracle reports the number '9' is returned.  Within the
application the full text(it's used a a notes field) is shown.

I can only assume that this is not readable in PL/Sql and we may need
something stronger,: java, C or the like to handle the output.

The developer has placed a iTar for this but so far, after 6 days ..nothing!

Your thoughs.

David Cheyne
BA(hons.)

Oracle Database Administrator