Just Curious

  • From: Peter Barnett <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:17:14 -0800 (PST)

Curious question.  I have attended two Oracle events recently promoting
Exadata.  These are high performance, expensive systems.

At the same time we have purchased applications requiring small to mid-sized
databases.  All are written for SQL Server only.

We only have one data warehouse.  We have hundreds of other applications.  Is
Oracle giving up on the small to mid-size database space?  They sure aren't
talking about it in their marketing events and I am not seeing apps come in the
door written to be either database agnostic or written for Oracle.

Pete Barnett
Database Technologies Lead
Regence

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.