Jonathan Lewis tests Delphix

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:43:46 -0800

Jonathan Lewis has graciously accepted an offer to come out to sunny
California next month  and spend a few days at
Delphix.<http://www.delphix.com/products/how-it-works/>
He will be putting  Delphix
<http://www.delphix.com/products/how-it-works/>through
it’s paces and I’m  excited to learn about what he discovers. He and I are
planning on co-presenting a webinar on the findings and we will be blogging
the findings.
If you have questions for Jonathan about Delphix or scenarios you’d like
him to test out then ask him on his Delphix blog post at

Jonathan Lewis’ blog post on
Delphix<http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/delphix/>

In a nutshell, Delphix allows companies to make copies of Oracle databases
in minutes with  almost no storage overhead by sharing all the duplicate
data blocks between database copies. Sharing duplicate data blocks
massively reduces storage consumption, frees DBAs up from the repetitive
work of copying files allowing them to concentrate on innovative work and
most importantly accelerates project development by eliminating the time
and resource consuming bottleneck of provisioning databases for
development, QA and reporting. With Delphix the databases can be
provisioned in  minutes to any point in time from the source database
allowing one to easily go back before an incident on production to retrieve
data before a problem or stand up a full copy of production at a time that
production had a problem allowing easy analysis of intermittent issues.

As a performance architect at Delphix for the past 2 years,   I’ve been
involved in all sorts of
Delphix<http://www.delphix.com/products/how-it-works/>performance
related work, benchmarks and tests.  I’ve spent much of that
time personally pounding on  Delphix
<http://www.delphix.com/products/how-it-works/> and  have found the
technology to be solid , fast and agile. It's hard for me to imagine
running an Oracle IT shop without Delphix.  Its  innovation that empowers
companies  to succeed in the current industry. With out Delphix
<http://www.delphix.com/products/how-it-works/> the cloning process is like
dragging huge weights around. With  Delphix the cloning process is fast and
light like having enormous power at ones fingertips.

Delphix Use Cases:
http://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS31/Use+Cases<http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/delphix/>

For more information on Delphix see:
http://www.delphix.com/products/how-it-works/