RE: Java vs. Perl ... vs. Python

  • From: "Orr, Steve" <sorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:27:58 -0700

Mey Mladen,

Have you heard of vim or emacs.  :-))

I've barely touched the IDE stuff so I can't give a worthwhile
recommendation. I installed Boa Constructor/wxPython on my Linux/KDE
desktop about a year ago but was disappointed by its immaturity at that
time (The IDE is developed in Python). It has an active mailing list so
maybe it's worth another look. I work almost exclusively from Linux and
I remember reading something about a KDE/Python package but I'm clueless
as usual.=20

Most of our stuff is script or cgi- no GUI other than HTML. Beyond IDE's
I'd like to get Twisted but we've got a lot of stuff on Apache so I
guess I have to look into ModPython. =20

GUI-less in Montana,
Steve