Re: Is there any way to push Standby database to delete archivelogs quicker (ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY in use)?

  • From: Jack van Zanen <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:26:00 +1000

Hi Jurijs

How about the possibility to exclude certain filesystems from the
standard monitoring (FRA filesystem)
and put your own monitoring in place to monitor the FRA? Surely
excluding a filesystem should be fairly simple

We have most of our oracle filesystems excluded from regular
filesystem monitoring as we like to fill them up to avoid wasting disk
space.

As for the purging from the FRA can't you just use RMAN to delete
them? (not tested)

Jack

--
Jack van Zanen

the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete
all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation