Re: Is it true that view_recompile_jan2008cpu.sql can be run only once during a database's lifetime

  • From: Maureen English <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 08:52:10 -0800

I understood the question to be "Is it okay to run the view recompile
script more than once?"....

Niall Litchfield wrote:
There is a readme with each CPU that contains the view application instructions and does indeed tell you that you don't need to reapply the fix to databases that have already been fixed. I definitely recommend reviewing the CPU readme each quarter to ensure that all of the post patch actions are correctly followed.

Niall Litchfield