Re: Is VPD extra cost option?

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:21:23 +0000

I had the pleasure of attending an Oracle Security training class and I asked the same question. The trainer told me it's not an extra cost option because it requires you (or your deveopers) to implement it. In contrast, Oracle Label Security _is_ a cost option, at least for 10g R2. I personally don't think that OLS is any more elegant or even easier to use but that's what he said. If memory serves me right then OLS is also certified by certain US government agencies.

Hope that helps,

Martin
--
Martin Bach
OCM 10g

Vishal Gupta wrote:
I search the Oracle documentation and Oracle price list as well. But there is nothing which might suggest that VPD is an extra cost option.