Installing Oracle on Windows

  • From: "Hostetter, Jay M" <JHostetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:40:16 -0500

It has been several months since I have installed Oracle database
software on a Windows box.  Typically, I have installed it as the local
administrator.  I have been asked to install Oracle 10g on a Windows box
using my own login (which will have administrator rights).  In a few
weeks, my login will be disabled.  I'm trying to determine if this will
cause any issues with the database on this box.  I've been searching
through the documentation and the only guidance I can find is that the
install should be done with an account that has admin rights.  I want to
make sure that this won't leave any processes running under by OS
account.  I would appreciate any suggestions on this subject.  Can I
install Oracle under my login or should I have an "oracle" OS user setup
on this box?

Thank you,

Jay Hostetter

DBA