If undo fills will it roll back updates/inserts?

  • From: patrick obrien <po04541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle Admins,

if my undo fills up, will it roll back updates and inserts?

I've got a 170Gig database, I increased my SGA and now my undo has grown 20
gigs in a week. I don't want to turn on auto extend.

if this data warehouse tablespace fills up during my nightly cycle will it
rollback my updates/inserts and kill this job?

I looked at my undo and its 80% flashback data, 3 days worth of flashback, and
yet my flashback is set to only 7 hours.

Any ideas,
thank you,
Patrick.