RE: I have question about starting database on Windows

  • From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harshan.eppuram@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:04:16 -0500

You can still start it from service panel. Go to service panel, right click on
OracleserviceSID and click on start.

For oradim sysntax you have to refer to manual or google it.

Regards

Rafiq

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:57:03 +0530
Subject: I have question about starting database on Windows
From: harshan.eppuram@xxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I am newbie on windows. I am entering following command on dos command prompt

oradim -startup -sid TEST –usrpwd manager -starttype SRVC,INST -pfile
E:\app\Administrator\product\11.1.0\db1\database\initTEST.ora
and I am getting following error

DIM-00003: An argument is missing for the parameter.

I recently took out autostart of oracle from windows and now trying restart
manually.  Any pointers would be helpful.

Cheers
Harshan

--
Harshan Eppurath