RE: Hugepages - benefits / drawbacks

  • From: "Bort, Guillermo" <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>, "Christo Kutrovsky" <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:49:12 -0500

Be ware it's a 'hidden' parameter and thus it should not be implemented
in production environments unless specifically suggested by Oracle or
application vendor (SAP comes to mind). That being said, I do have
access to Oracle on Solaris and will certainly try this parameter under
load (hammerora) and report back ^_^

Perhaps if someone else does this test we can compare results as I will
be running it on a virtual machine.

Guillermo Alan Bort
EDS - ITO DBA Main Group