How to verify asynchronous concurrent IO on AIX

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:56:03 -0700

We just implemented Concurrent I/O (mount -cio & filesystemio_options=setall)
on our AIX 5.2 ML4 sever with Oracle 9.2.0.5, as recommended by IBM and Oracle,
but after preliminary testing performance seems to be worse, or the same at
best.

I remember seeing a note on Metalink about how to verify that Oracle is
actually using direct I/O, but now I can't find it.  Does anyone know how to
verify that Oracle is actually performing asynch IO & concurrent IO?

Thanks,
Brandon Allen
Database Administrator
OneNeck IT Services