Re: How to remove Streams replication for a table

  • From: Vit Spinka <vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:55:46 +0200

Hi,

as I already said, you can use DBMS_STREAMS_ADM for that. Streams work by using rules that specify what should be replicated - if you find and remove the rule for the table you do not want to replicate anymore, the table won't be replicated anymore.

DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.REMOVE_RULE(
   rule_name         IN  VARCHAR2,
   streams_type      IN  VARCHAR2,
   streams_name      IN  VARCHAR2,
   drop_unused_rule  IN  BOOLEAN  DEFAULT TRUE,
   inclusion_rule    IN  BOOLEAN  DEFAULT TRUE);

Still, if you are a beginner with Streams, I think dropping strmadmin and rerunning the setup scripts is the eaisier way. It can be quite frustrating to debug a Streams configuration (if something magically goes wrong) if you are not much used to it.

Vit

Dne 28.6.2010 23:42, amonte napsal(a):
Hi

I do use streams administrator but I cannot believe that we can setup
replication but cannot revert it?

If I have 20 tables being replicated but only want to get rid of one I
have to remove entire configuration and start over again for the 19
tables....? I have been looking the docs, ML but nothing!

TIA

Alex

2010/6/28 Vit Spinka <vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Hi,

    perhaps the easiest way is to use a separate user for the configuration
    (like strmadmin in Oracle docs) and then drop it when you want to get
    rid of Streams and return to a clean state. And when you configure them
    again, you won't have problems with pre-existing links, queues etc.

    Or you can go the longer way, using dbms_streams_adm package.

    Vit

    Dne 27.6.2010 0:00, amonte napsal(a):

        Hi all

        I am trying to replicate a few tables with Streams, it is very
        easy with
        dbms_streams_adm.maintain_tables package.

        But I have a doubt after setting this up for around 10 tables,
        how do I
        go back? i.e remove streams replication for a table?

        TIA

        Alex