How to register a new node to the 9i2 RAC

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:55:29 -0400

Hi,
I have a two-node RAC environment running on Oracle 9.2.0.6 (64-bit),
Solaris 8 with Veritas "DBE/AC for Oracle 9i RAC 3.5". ORACLE_HOME is on
a shared CFS. We have just added a third node to the cluster. The node
is visible from all the nodes. "lsnodes" also display all the nodes. I
have not been able to find a procedure to register the node with Oracle.
I am using OUI version 10.1.0.3. The addNode.sh script that comes with
this version of OUI apparently only works with 10G ORACLE software and
not with 9i2. Does anyone know how to register an additional node with
an existing RAC environment ?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Amir