Re: How to purge dba_recyclebin from a procedure?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:50:24 -0600 (CST)

Jason, I think you're on to something here.  According to the docs, only the
DBA_RECYCLEBIN option of PURGE requires SYSDBA, so if I build a list of
objects in there first and purge them one at a time, I only need SELECT on
the DBA_RECYCLEBIN view and DROP ANY for objects outside the definer's
schema.

<sigh>  It's annoying to have to code workarounds to Oracle "security".
It's like being back in 8i all over again.

Thanks, Jason!!!
Rich