Re: How to invoke Oracle clean up process to remove INACTIVE sessions?

  • From: Egor Starostin <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arul.kumar@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:54:04 +0600

Arul,

> By any chance can we control this "auto-cleanup" timing and bring it down to
> around 30 minutes or so. Every INACTIVE session after 30 minutes, should be
> killed? Please let me know your views on the same.

If you are in dedicated server environment then for the first step do
the following:
alter system set resource_limit=true;
create profile only30minutes_of_inactivity
limit idle_time 30;
alter user <username> profile only30minutes_of_inactivity;

For the next step, read Note:96170.1 on metalink which provides you
the shell script for killing sniped (sessions with exeeded idle_time
limit) sessions. You have to run this script by cron.

Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/
Free Oracle Session Resource Profiler