Re: How to install 2 set of Oracle Clusterware into the same machines?

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 07:44:56 +0200

I really do not get it.
Why do you want to use 10.2.0.4 after you install 10.2.0.5?
Just define the resources in the 10.2.0.5 and stay with this.
Why do you want to fall back to a previous version?

Yechiel Adar
Israel

On 29/03/2011 15:23, Leyi Zhang (Kamus) wrote:
Hi experts

For some reason, we have to install another Oracle clusterware into
the existing cluster.

1. we have 2 machines have installed oracle clusterware 10.2.0.4, but
this clusterware is not running, the storage which contains OCR and
Voting is not connected, but sometime we will connect it again, so we
can't deinstall this clusterware.
2. we decide to use these 2 machines, we connect a new storage, and
plan to install a new 10.2.0.5 clusterware using a new user account.
3. If sometime the old storage is back, we plan to shutdown the new
clusterware stack and change some script and open the old clusterware.

Is it possible to implement? I know we can't running 2 oracle
clusterware in the same cluster at the same time, but if one
clusterware is not running, how about install and run the second one?
If is possible, How many scripts or files need to be backuped to
ensure the old clusterware not broken? like /etc/init.d/init.crs,
init.crsd, init.cssd, init.evmd ?

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

--
Kamus<kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com
Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org