How to Convert a Big NON-Rac DB(on VXFS) into RAC using SFRAC, QFS & RAW ? ..(Oracle 10g , Solaris 10)

  • From: "VIVEK_SHARMA" <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fairlie rego" <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>, <yasbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:30:23 +0530

Thanks Fairlie, folks for the great piece of info.

Qs 1 What are the procedures to:-

*       Convert a NON-RAC Database on VXFS to SFRAC using Veritas CFS
with RAC on Oracle 10g/Solaris 10
*       Convert a NON-RAC Database on VXFS to QFS with RAC on Oracle
10g/Solaris 10
*       Convert a NON-RAC Database on VXFS to RAW with RAC on Oracle
10g/Solaris 10

NOTE - Size of Database 4 TB approx.

Qs 2 Which of the above is least & most tedious & why?

Qs 3 How does SFRAC compare against QFS w.r.t. performance with Oracle
10g/Solaris 10?

Any Docs, Links, Books, suggested readings for Qs 1, 2, 3 above?

Thanks indeed