Re: High IOPS direct small writes?

  • From: Rich <richa03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 11:58:43 -0800

Perfect - thanks!

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Jonathan Lewis <
jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unless I've misunderstood your question you could just use insert/append
differently:

begin
for i in 1..10000 loop
insert /*+ append */ into t1 select 1 from dual;
commit;
end loop;
end;
/

That's 10,000 single block direct path writes - requiring 10,000 blocks
allocated.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com