Re: Help with Storage Capacity

  • From: goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:08:49 +0200

@Hans:
<>
Which is why it ends up being the DBA's fault.  "Why didn't you predict
the increase in storage requirements - for YOUR database - 2 years ago
so we could budget for the disk???"
<>
LOL - goooood one ;-)

@Michael:
important thing is that you collect i.e. have historicay raw disk usage or
better said historical DB storage usage data ... thereafter, you can use
different methods to 'forecast' future needs ... if you get good input from
business, great! - usually you don't ... so, under this condition, in order
to avoid severe reprimand (as Hans mentioned above) you can use simple
linear regression, add 30% on top of it for 'financial crisis inquiry
commission' and no one can tell you 'Why you didn't predict the storage
requirements' ;-)

cheers,
goran