RE: Help Huge Database Restore using exp/imp !!!! Help Please !!!

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:17:13 -0500

Well you've got me confused right from the start.

What exactly are you going to export from? Is it the current broken
database?

Why do you suppose you would lose data by restoring in RMAN and rolling
forward to just before the dictionary corruption?

If the data dictionary is broken, what makes you think that export will pick
up all the tables, if you are going to try to export the current broken
database?

Depending on the dictionary corruption, you might get lucky in that way. If
you are able to complete the export and get all the tables out, your
scenario seems okay, but I'm
still confused why a restore from RMAN will not fix your problem.

What exactly IS the dictionary corruption, and do you know what caused it?
Do you expect it to happen again in an RMAN restore as opposed to
the multi-user race conditions in which it originally happened?

Regardless, good luck.

                        www.rsiz.com Oracle Technology and Business
Consulting

                        Mark W. Farnham