Re: Health check monitor

  • From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, carlospena999@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

Well the kind of checking that rman does depends on what you have coded in your
script/job.

Personally I like a setup like this ( checking the database first before
attempting a backup ( backup validate ( is this deprecated now? ) ) and
checking the database backup afterwards ( restore database validate ).

backup validate check logical database;
backup incremental level 1 for recover of copy
with tag 'disk_incremental' database;
recover copy of database with tag 'disk_incremental';
restore database validate;

I do not know of anyone ( yet ... lets see what the list response produces )
that is invoking the health checks manually and not picking related alerts from
OEM and/or Grid Control ... but thanks for pointing this out I do not recall
looking at this part of the doc recently.